Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

God is good. God is great. Thank You for the food you give. Thank You for the birds that sing. Thank you God for everything. Amen.
This is the blessing we said as children at our table every meal. And we said the same blessing with our children as they were growing up.


Another blessing I repeat occasionally is:

Bless my little kitchen Lord, I love it's every nook.
Bless me as I do my work, wash pots and pans and cook.
May  the meals that I prepare be seasoned from above,
with Thy blessing and Thy grace, but most of all Thy love.
As we partake of earthly food, The table before us spread,
We’ll not forget to thank Thee, Lord, Who gives us daily bread.

Bless my little kitchen Lord, and those who enter in,.
May they find nought but joy and peace,
and happiness therein.

This blessing is one I memorized at a very early age. It was written on a plaque hanging in my grandma's kitchen.  I can't count the number of times I read it over and over and over. And it has been embedded in my memory. I even say it sometimes as the blessing at our table.

Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

gin

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gin - - What a beautiful Thanksgiving Table - - looks delicious! - I, too remember the 'Kitchen Prayer that Maw-Maw displayed on a beautiful plaque in her kitchen as we were growing up. We are so blessed. I enjoyed your visit during Thanksgiving. Luv ya' - c.u. soon. Luv, Peg

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!