YOE participants this month were to make an enchanted mushroom. I made one. The dog ate the bug off.
This mushroom took several days of decision making on what kind to make, finding a pattern, etc. I thought it was kind of cute with the enchanted dragon fly on it.
Ummmm. What to do?
But, now I have only 1 night left to come up with another enchanted mushroom/toadstool. I went thru my stash of fabric and accessories -- throwing fabric around, hunting, digging to the bottom of the bin, looking through bin after bin of accessories --
And, there it was -- the perfect fabric. I could hear the music, I could envision the new mushroom. It would be perfect, better than the first one. With chenille for the top of the mushroom, kind of fuzzy like a real mushroom; With olive green checked for the underneath,; With light green plaid for the stem; And, a trio of tassels to top the mushroom.
I cut out two circles, the olive checked a wee bit smaller than the chenille, sewed them right sides together, turned and stuffed. Then cut one rectangle of the plaid, sewed, turned and stuffed. Hand sewed the stem to the top. Strung the trio of tassels together with ribbon and sewed on top of the mushroom and added a ribbon for a hanger.
In a matter of a few hours, the new enchanted mushroom ornament was completed, boxed with the other goodies and ready for shipment to its new home!!
Whew! Nothing like burning the midnight oil in panic mode.