One 10 lb pork shoulder
Dark brown sugar
Rub a secret amount of Tony's over the meat. We will never know how much. And next time will definitely be a different amount. Then rub brown sugar over pork. Also, a secret amount. He doesn't even know how much. No measuring. Just till it looks good, he said.
Smoke in smoker for 7 hours and reached 180 degrees with meat thermometer inserted into center of meat. And watch it on and off for 7 hours. That would be boring to me.
Cut and pull meat free from bone and fat and grissell.
Shred pieces apart and add bar-b-q sauce to loose meat.
Pile high on bun and enjoy.
To sum it up::
- It was really, really tasty and very tender and moist
- I didn't have to cook
- It was a good trial run for the first one. Don't need to change anything for the next one.
- It's a whole lot of meat from a 10 lb chunk of meat for just us 2.
- We'll be eating bar-b-q sandwiches, and sliced pork for days or weeks.
- I know what we'll be serving next time we have company coming. We just need to know a day in advance.