Thursday, September 27, 2018

A Quilting Mini Series: Country Moo


This Country Moo quilt was made from a cow fabric print and blues and browns and whites left over from other projects and turning it into a country farmhouse look.




Some quilts I make for a purpose. Some are made just to make or to try a new method. This quilt was just made for the cow and the blues. Looks a bit crowded or busy with the fabrics. But has a country farm look. Hi




I did purchase the backing fabric and of course the batting and more thread. It takes a lot of thread to put together a quilt and then to quilt it. I spend a lot of time winding bobbins. It takes like 5 bobbins or more just in the quilting process, not counting the sewing of the quilt top. Just a little FYI there.




This Country Moo Quilt was just finished about a month ago. There are several quilts waiting in the wings to be quilted. I’m on a roll so I’ll have quite a few to tell-all show-all in the coming weeks.




Quilts are made to be used. I wash and tumble dry them when needed. And there are brand new, never used quilts stacked away that I’m saving for a rainy day.









1 comment:

  1. The "Moo Quilt" is Beautiful - - The Ladies in my "Church Quilting Bee" will love this ! They may even ask for the Pattern ! You have certainly motivated me to begin a Quilt - - but I must complete a few Projects around my House b4 I can begin the Sewing Time - - It'll be after the Time Change - - when I'll be spending more time in-doors.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!