Friday, October 12, 2018

A Quilting Mini Series: Pinktastic


This one is certainly pink. Somewhere between bubble gum pink, cotton candy pink, baby pink, definitely pink. Since it is October and breast cancer awareness month it makes for a great match.




I needed a quick and easy pattern to use up some pink fabrics already on hand. And I still have a load of white given to me from my sister who was given it from our aunt. The carpenters star pattern I’ve had downloaded in my phone files for a few months now is the lucky winner for this project.
Can you see the star?




And it was very quick and easy. I added the yellow small border for 2 reasons:
#1 - to bring out the small amount of yellow in the
daisy print fabric, the yellow in the heart fabric,
and the yellow in the back fabric.
#2 - I was short on pink fabric and I needed to make
the size of the quilt larger than the pattern size.




The finished size is 76” x 76”. It’s a little smaller in size than I usually make. It’s square in size per the pattern so I didn’t want to distort it’s real image by making it too much bigger than the pattern called for at 56”x56”. Though I did add about 20” all around, but kept it square. If all that makes sense.




The back is pinky, white, yellow swirly circles. Still the pink for pink October.




This one will be donated as a door prize to an October cancer awareness event and it will find its happy home.







4 comments:

  1. I do see the star! Frankly, I think YOU are the star! You have such a gift that makes these beautiful, keepsake, heirloom quilts and I'm so happy to see you're donating to such a great cause. I see the effects of breast cancer in my job as a surgical tech and also in my friends who are survivors. Thanks for your generosity and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes - I see the Beautiful Star ! The Quilt is Beautiful ! What an awesome purpose - - a Donation for a Cancer Event - - it will truly find a Happy Home. I agree with "Ya-Ya", you are truly a Star. How nice to be able to use your Aunt's material - she would have been so pleased. Again I say, Your Quilt is Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!