Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Southern Sneaux

First, if you had access to a partial post just then, I apologize. Something went wrong. I was using "google speak" and gosh was that a mistake! 

It seldom snows in the south. But we are getting our fix today. It sleeted most of the morning and then the snow began to fall. This time it's pretty, fluffy, white stuff. I put on some boots, and a jacket with a hood, and no gloves, while still in my pj's and went out to play. 



I gathered up some snow and made a few small balls to throw at the dog and the husband. I've never seen snow this pretty. It's so soft and fluffy. Our snow is usually hard, icy and actually hurts to make a snow ball. It's like playing with crushed ice. But today the snow is just right. 


I kinda look like an Eskimo with my fuzzy hood. Note to self:: snow days do not mean you don't get dressed. But my hands were beginning to freeze. No gloves. It's only 27 degress I think. 


Probably won't build a snow man. Even tho this snow is pretty, it's still only like an inch deep. And so many leaves on the ground, it makes for an ugly snowman. 

Well, wouldn't you know, as I type my post it has actually stopped snowing. Glad I got a few minutes of me in the snow. Show your snowmen on your blogs if you got to enjoy making one. 

5 comments:

  1. Looks fun Gin! We are still waiting for it to get here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got to enjoy some snow. Looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a pretty snow! And looks like you had fun playing in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Red Snow Outfit ! Looks like a lot of snow in your yard !

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good to see the kid in you come out...so fun! You look cute in your jammies and I hope you had a ball...a snowball! If you should ever need more, just come on up and visit us!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!