In making these some steps are very simple. Other steps were so time consuming and made me want to just put it down and forget about it. But you must carry on. You'll eventually get thru.
1) Print your letters out to size you require. Play around with the font and size till you are happy. My capital letter was 8" high, and after the sewing ends up about 7" tall. Cut the letters out.
2) Arrange your fabric choices in the order easy on the eye. Fold and iron the fabric with right sides together.
3) Trace the letter on the wrong side of the fabric. Eyeing how the fabric print will show on the letter.
4) Hand stitch around the letter outline. Some letters you cannot stitch around every outline. For example, the capital "B" you cannot stitch the center circles now because you won't be able to turn it right side out when it comes time for that step. Think it thru as you go along. It will save you a lot of time. AND, where you insert the hanging ribbon will also be where you stuff and stitch close at the end.
5) Cut around the stitched lines and other outlined lines leaving 1/4". Turn right side out and iron flat and turn all unstitched lines in and iron flat for hand stitching closed after stuffing.
6) Begin stuffing the letter with poly fill. Fill in every nook and cranny. This is the frustrating part. Not too stuffed. But just the right amount. Can't believe I didn't take that picture of all the poly fill oozing in and out of the letter openings.
6) Hand stitch all openings. Add the ribbon at top for hanging. Think ahead on the placing of the ribbon. You want it to hang straight.
But the last one I did looked like this.
A few more baby things coming your way.