Monday, January 3, 2011

2011

The new year started off good. Just hanging around the house doing really nothing.

Found a few sparklers left over from last year and we played with them till we burned them all out.
Just us and the dogs!



A little cuddling with the fur balls. Molly-dog spent her holidays with us.

A little cooking and eating. Some good ol' comfort food -- shrimp etoufee'.

And doing a little bit of spring cleaning -- early!

I've made no new year resolutions this year. Mainly because I know there is a lot of stuff I need to do -- or a lot of stuff I need to do better. So I really work on that every year anyway.

So instead of a new year's resolution, I have a mission. My mission (other than to always be genuinely kind and courteous and helpful) is to search all year for several "choir angel trios" sets. You say what? I would love to have (and to give) a set of little "choir angels". I saw exactly what I want to have --they were displayed at someone's house; they are vintage, old, and really sweet looking. It was a set of 3 little ceramic /glass angel choir boys with robes on, holding their song sheet. You really had to see it to want a set, I guess.  Somewhat similar to this, either choir boys or an angel choir:



   So that is my mission for the rest of this year. I'll be looking high and low, in every nook and cranny, in every antique store, flea market, junk shop, treasure chest. I can't wait to get started and accomplish my mission!!

gin

5 comments:

  1. I love all your choir figurines...I have 3 vintage carolers myself and 6 vintage angels that have different musical instruments....

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh! I think you need to share your recipe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you! Vermont Country Store did have some reproductions. You can also try Ruby Lane. I love them too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, Gin, and the sparkler thing is what I did - I had mine for several years and they still worked ;-)

    I'm with you in the improvements for myself for this year...just trying to be better is enough (why is it so difficult for us humans to be good/better?) It's so much easier to bust loose and be cantankerous sometimes...it takes a lot of self-control to be sweet LOL

    Oh, well...I must not be naturally sweet or else it would not be such a chore for me LOL - maybe I'm a sour puss who is trying to be sweet ;-) those choir angels look cute and I have seen them...good luck with that! I'm sure you'll find them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cuddling with the fur balls sounds like a great holiday activity to me.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!