Friday, June 21, 2013

Summertime, Summertime, Summertime

Summer rates right up there with the best of Christmas and Easter and 4th of July and birthdays. Actually, there probably isn't a day in the whole year that I don't like.

So the first day of summer included a short drive for sun and water and food at Middendorfs between Lake Maurepas and Lake Ponchartrain.


It's a popular spot for locals within a 30 mile radius and travelers to and from New Orleans from all over. We are frequent guests there. Sometimes by boat where you can dock there or by car. It's been around since 1934. That was the great depression. It is a landmark. And has seen its fair share of hurricane damages with flooding. 



Every time I go I have my eye on a trademark t-shirt. But have yet to get one. My next trip there entitles me to a t-shirt. 



Check out more Social Sundays.
Let's Get Social Sunday

gin

2 comments:

  1. Yep, be sure to get that t-shirt. :)

    I'm visiting from the Let's Get Social Sunday hop, have a great rest of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Beautiful! I'm so jealous of anyone who's been to the beach already. I don't get vaca until August and cant use it until September. Grrrr! I'm stopping by from the blog hop & I'm a new follower through bloglovin.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!