Thursday, July 18, 2013

Book Review

This is not your average book review post. I did just buy the book, again. I had a copy of it many years ago. 

It's a review of a children's book. 

My favorite book of all times when I was a child was The Three Billy Goats Gruff.

Not the usual Cinderella, or Snow White, or The Three Little Pigs, or any other of the many Little Golden Books I had as a child. My favorite was about the goats. 

Why The Three Billy Goats Gruff as my favorite? Maybe because it was about a family. Although, it be a family of goats. The goats were brothers. Or maybe deep down I had a thing for trolls. I don't really know.


Maybe I liked that the brothers were not afraid of the troll. Ok, maybe a little afraid at first. But they show that you can be brave and strong no matter what you face. 

I stopped in the bookstore yesterday to get a book with sounds for a birthday gift for one of my littles. And there in plain sight was The Three Billy Goats Gruff. And I had to have it for myself to start reading to my little ones when they come. 

Do you have a favorite children's book when you were a child?

2 comments:

  1. I have a hard time remembering any particular favorites, but I loved fairy tales and always enjoyed a happy, ever after ending! I always loved Snow White because she had black hair like me when I was little...now my hair is snow white under Miss Clairol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this book too! I think it was the trolls for me and the goats tapping over the bridge. The other book I loved was Snow White and Rose Red. Although I gotta say I loved all the fairy tales!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!