Monday, March 17, 2014

Project # 7 Bubble Guppies, Favorite Character Under the Sea

Just for fun there is an optional event for an outfit of your favorite under the sea character at the next local preliminary pageant . I choose Nickelodeon's Bubble Guppies because they are unique and different and rather cute. Ariel the mermaid has kind of been around awhile and everyone does her and frankly I'm tired of seeing her everywhere.. To get you up-to-date on Bubble Guppies, they are a cartoon of fish, a puppy, a girl, and other critters with fins and bubbles.

So I began brainstorming for design and ideas.

  • blue shimmer fabric representing water -- I used the hologram sequin fabric in aqua
  • fish net --- I actually used gold mesh ribbon
  • the Bubble Guppies -- I ordered iron on appliques on line
It magically came together.I couldn't have been more pleased.


A four piece set including top, skirt, bloomers, hair bow. 


The top -  added bow and straps of fushia that matches the fushia color in the iron on appliques.
The skirt  - two pleats in the front and two pleats in the back with elastic at the back waist.
The bloomers - the mesh ribbon  around the elasticized leg openings to show just below the skirt. 
The hair bow - not shown, but is the fushia ribbon like the bow on the waist.

So un-plannned was how the iron on appliques had the same gold color and fushia color as the ribbon colors I was already planning on using. When the applique arrived in the mail, it was a sweet surprise that all the colors coordinated. 

                   
Really really an inexpensive outfit. 

1 yard of hologram sequin fabric was $4.95/yd. It only took 1/2 yard
1 roll of mesh ribbon $1 on the Christmas clearance isle that I happened to buy for my stash.
Bubble Guppies applique set ordered on line $4.95
Fushia ribbon roll $1 on the Christmas clearance isle that I happened to buy for my stash.

Add it up:
                                                       2.50
                                                       1.00
                                                      4.95 
                                                      1.00
         APPROX TOTAL:::        $      9.50

A think it's going to be a winner. We will see.


2 comments:

  1. Once again - let me say - - God blessed you with a very Creative Talent ! The outfit is Beautiful! How did you come up with this ! I agree, it's sure to be a winner !

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out so great! And I can't believe it was so inexpensive. I think the bloomers are my favorite piece. Wonderful job!

    PS - Thank you for the sweet comment about our house! It actually is quite small, even though it looks large from that photo. I will have to do a house tour someday!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!