Wednesday, August 29, 2018

A quilt in a week


One summer day a quilt was started. I needed something to do. I rummaged thru my fabric stash to see what I could pull together to make a simple quick quilt. There before me were pinks and greens and whites, with flowers and geometric shapes and carousel horses.

Large triangles cut to make diamond blocks became my vision. Fussy cutting the carousel horses to be sure there were no heads or legs or tails missing for the most part.
It was harder than it seemed to layout the design so each triangle was set the correct way. It took two days to cut, layout, and sew the triangles together to create the quilt top.




Day 4 was time for the batting and the backing of which I had none. A trip to Hobby Lobby solved that dilemma. Then the quilt sandwich was made. Top, batting, and backing. (Kinda like a PB&J sandwich). And aligned on the quilting frame,

The next 2 days and nights, in my spare time, was spent machine quilting it and then binding the edges.




The finished size 68” x 76” will make a nice twin size quilt and snuggly cover for a girl. I have a boys theme quilt in mind next, cause everyone needs a quilt.

That’s a wrap on a quilt in a week.





2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh that is so beautiful and adorable! Not having a bit of talent in the sewing department I really admire your talent. I could make that PB&J sandwich but it wouldn't look as nice as your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gin - - the Quilt is Beautiful - - You did it so quickly - - it's so perfect - - Will look Beautiful on a little Girl's Bed - - I must show this to the Ladies in the "Quilting Bee" at my Church !

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!