Wednesday, December 12, 2018

A Quilting Mini Series: A Personal Touch


A cute, cute quilt for my little guy. Do you know you can print a cell photo on fabric? Yes you can, either at home on your own printer or an online fabric site. I wanted a bigger piece of printed fabric than my home printer would print. If you’ve learned anything about me in my Mini Quilting Series, you should know I go big or go home. So I uploaded this photo to Spoonflower fabrics online.


She worked with it to get it to a 24”x36” fabric print. I was more than excited!! And I couldn’t wait to see the final result of the quilt.



The black/white gives it the checkered flag race look and I framed the picture fabric panel with fabrics on hand. Th backing is soft cuddly navy minky fabric.



It meets my expectations and I love it. So did Cohen. He and his parents just moved into a new house and now he has two new quilts just for his new room. Look a few post back at the sailboat quilt. That was just made for him last month in the colors his mom had picked for his new room - gray, teal blue, and a touch of orange. And they love boating.


The quilts have been presented to him and already in use.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something!