Monday, May 9, 2011

What were they thinking?

While driving to work Friday, there was this huge traffic jam.  I take the same route every single day thru a nice neighborhood with nice houses.  Cars lined up on the side of the street at 7:30am can only mean one thing -- garage sale, yard sale, estate sale, etc.

It was too late to slam on brakes and turn onto the street, (didn't want to wreck my new truck). So I went up a street and made the block. I joined the lined street of vehicles and walked hastily to the house (couldn't be late for work),

I wasn't looking for anything in particular. And I haven't been "shopping" like this in a while.

There parked on the driveway among all their other outdoor equipment were 2 children's bikes. Priced at $3 each. How could that be? What's wrong with them? Why hasn't anyone else taken them? They must be meant for me? I wasn't prepared for this. I didn't have any cash on me. I asked the gentlemen if he would hold them for me for 10 minutes while I went to the ATM for some cash. I drove like a maniac for 5 or 6 blocks to get to an ATM,  hoping I wouldn't be late for work  I paid the $6 and rolled them to my truck.  That's not a tear on the seats, that's a price tag that says $3.

The green one is going to make Tyler very happy.

gin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something!