Friday, September 28, 2018

A Quilting Mini Series: A Quilt Along


Everything you need to know about quilting you can find online. I’m following a Facebook quilt along group testing a quilt pattern. I’m a tester. This quilt isn’t particularly my style. There are too many small pieces and HST’s (half-square-triangles). My oh my! I didn’t like them at first, but in the second week I’m getting more comfortable with them.

Sarah, the designer calls it The Fall Quilt. I can guarantee mine will not turn out like this. Mine will have a look of it’s own, and not on purpose. This is the look we’re suppose to be going for.






Week 1 in the quilt along was creating just the tree. My tree had 2 mishap leaves. But I did go back and correct them in week 2. And I need to shave off some of the tree trunk. It should be nice and straight.




Week 2 was the borders and big corner leaves. So far the fabric is all from what I have from previous projects. The instructions are for a 52” square lap quilt. But I want at least a twin/day bed size. So I will add my finishing touch at the end to accommodate my liking.




I’m all caught up on the quilt along. Just waiting for week 3 instructions. Week 3 is another round of some form of leaves. And then week 4 is the final week of the quilt along to finish and presentation to the group on their FB page. I’ll be glad to finish it. I’m not a fan of this pattern process. But I do like the look of it.



2 comments:

  1. Your Tree is Beautiful - - It may not be your Style - - but - it's truly Beautiful - Different. It will look Beautiful within your Display of Quilts - - I'm still looking forward to viewing your Sail-Boat Quilt !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came across your site. This is a great article, with many great points.Very few people become great by being timid and quiet.
    สล็อตออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!