Monday, September 24, 2018

A Quilting Mini Series

I dabble in many hobbies. Some die a sudden death, because I’m not good at them. Other hobbies have stuck with me thru thick and thin like quilting. I’ve been around quilting/quilters my entire life. Only natural I took to it. So the next few weeks I’ll tell-all show-all about my recent quilting activities. Recent posts show a few quilts from this year. 

Most of the quilts come from a vision I have and then evolve as I proceed. There  are a lot of free patterns online that I do consider and use. Some traditional. Some with a modern look. And I like using fabric panels also like this. 



The center large flower is the panel. There was also a coordinating fabric that I purchased, and then other fabrics from my stash to piece all around the panel. 

The colors are bright and pop right at you to make a bold statement. 



I really like the they yellow dot to keep the bright and bold look. Its a nice size of 68"x92".


There are several quilts waiting in the wings to either be finished or to be quilted.  I’m on a roll so I’ll have quite a few to make and show.

P.S.  A teaser for you: think sailing away, ahoy!, sailor boy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something!