Monday, January 3, 2022

Valentine Marathon

 It’s January but I’m thinking February for Valentines Day. I whipped up a few Valentine hearts to decorate with and a few to give. I’m doing a marathon of valentine pretties the next few days while I have nothing else to do. 


Because come next week a quilt is in the works for a donation to a girls softball league raffle happening in mid February. I’m just patiently waiting on the fabrics for it to come in the mail. So in the meantime I’m loving all things Valentines. 

This pretty lace heart was simple. Gather one wire clothes hanger (or comparable size wire), lace or decorative cloth, assortment of ribbon, flower or some sort embellishment, glue gun, and scissors. 

Bend and shape the hanger or wire into a heart shape. It really forms easy. Just push and stretch and shape till you get the desired look. Put the wire form in between two layers of the lace or cloth. Run a bead of hot glue in sections around the wire, laying the lace or fabric in place on top the wire and press with an object into place (not with your finger because you will get burned from the hot glue). Complete one layer of the lace or cloth then turn over to be the other side of the wire in the same manner. You should now have the lace or cloth hot glued to each side of the wire having a top and bottom layer. Cut with scissors around the outside of the wire trimming off the excess lace/cloth. Now you have a decorative heart shape. Use ribbons, trims, embellishments to decorate and finish it. I put a ric-rac trim around the perimeter and a flower group and ribbons as a streamer in the corner. 

I love it! It’s so me! Lace, bling, ribbons, flower equals pretty. 


Gin 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something!