Friday, October 19, 2018

A Quilting Mini Series: Finishing the quilt a long

The quilt along for the fall quilt is now finished. Parts 1 and 2 were completed a few weeks ago. And Parts 3 and 4 are now complete. You can read about the beginning of it in this post here..



Part 3 was to add a border of stars around each side. Working with small pieces makes for a slow process. But I like the results. It's out of my comfort zone but well worth the learning process that makes me want to do more. Here's my look for part 3. I'm still using from fabric remnants I have on hand.



I do like the star blocks. I had to make 24. That was a neverending tasks, at least it seemed like it. They're not perfect. They're not on point. Uh-oh.



Part 4 is the outside board and the quilting. The outside border is yellow being I'm using fabric remnants on hand and wanting to stick with the color scheme going on. I Actually like the bright golden sunny fall look.

y


Here's a comparison of the pattern look vs. my look.
Put on your sunshades for mine.


 Finished pattern size is just over a 52" square.  But I wanted at least a twin bed or day bed size. So I added two six-inch borders to mine. It's now a lot more usuable quilt. I have to put my tweaks on it.



It's not my style. But it came out ok. I won't get any awards for it I'm sure.





It's now called the golden fall quilt. I don't know what will become of it, but it's ready.


1 comment:

  1. Oh My Goodness ! It's beautiful ! Definitely Fall Colors - - It will not have any problems in finding a Home ! It's beautiful ! Love those Stars ! Makes me want to do something besides my "Block Pattern" - I just may have to !

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!