Thursday, February 7, 2019

Hanging Out

Here is my January quilt projects. The bright sun makes them look twice as nice and the light breeze had them floating in the air. It was kind of a wild theme quilting month. There's a sleepy fox group and a bird gathering.




The only real pattern used was a fox face pattern from online. I made the template, cut the pieces and sewed them together to make the fox faces come to life in a quilt block.  The bird block is just a free handed bird i drew on paper to make my template then cut and appliqued it on strips for the quilt.




First, the  bird gathering. Its made from fabrics I already had except the backing fabric which I bought just for this. I free handed the bird pattern silhouette and appliqued them on. Then just added the border strips and called it done.



It measures 68"x78" and makes for a nice size. It can't get any easier than this. Just cut and sew straight lines. Except the birds were a little time consuming.  I used a spray adhesive (for sewing) to put the birds in place,  then appliqued around each one.  The back is bird themed also.







This wild one came together so easy. I call it "sleepy fox". I wanted to do the fox pattern block really,  really bad. But I didn't want to do 20 or 24 of the blocks. So my vision here is four fox laying in the bed covered up with just their faces showing. Do you see my interpretation in this quilt?



 It's amazing how there are patterns out there for almost any theme you want to make. On a scale of 1-10 (1 being easy and 10 being hard) for making the fox face, it was a 4 for me. I've never made a fox face pattern before but it was relatively almost easy. Just a lot of pieces to put in the right order.




And then strips of fabrics from my stash to make the look of their cover. Some of the fabrics have some fox in it. And all the colors just melted together, I think.



The backing is a soft cuddly gray minky. I really really like this one. It measures
60"x80". I think I prefer it with just the one row of foxes rather than 20 or 24 fox faces lined up. I see these four all covered up in bed with their heads looking out. Some little boy might be happy with this one.

These two came out cute. I need to stop making quilts. I need a new hobby, maybe? But first i have to get all my ideas made into quilts first.




Gin

2 comments:

  1. Ginger - - You never cease to amaze me ! These Quilts are BEAUTIFUL !!! (Pegi)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so talented! I love the bird one but the fox one is so dang cute! Great job! I doubt the sun made them look better, they would look fabulous in any light!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!