Saturday, May 8, 2021

DIY Paper Roses

 Quilting days are set aside for a short time while I wait on fabric to arrive that was ordered. So I switched gears to flower making. Yes, I’ll try anything once. 

I watch a crafter on Facebook. She’s on live everyday, all day. And has such great inspirations and I just have to try some of them. This one craft was paper roses. I tried it and I liked it. 


You’ll need coffee filters, paint, floral wire, floral tape, leaves, glue gun and a vase. Paint the coffee filters, dry, fold, cut, and wrap. It’s was so simple and I’m in love with the end result. 


Of course, you could just buy pretty fake roses. But it’s the accomplishment of making your own fake roses that make them beautiful.  


I made three dozen rose stems. I got carried away painting the coffee filters. Then I had to find three vases to stick them in with some fake leaves and some baby’s breath, which I did not make (haha). 



Here’s the link for the tutorial Coffee filter roses . Try them and see how easy they are. 



Happy Mother’s Day!

Gin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something!