Monday, May 31, 2021

Remembering Those Who Gave


It’s the day for special remembrance of those who gave their all so we could live in the land of the free and home of the brave. I thank them today. Which includes my dad, grandpa and uncles. 

Things are showing up red, white and blue around here. Fourth of July is my most favorite summer holiday. So I start it early with Memorial Day. I like anything patriotic. I have to have the flag/stars/stripes in anything I see for home use. Like the paper products of plates, napkins, trays, etc., especially if we make a few camping trips.  

I’m DIYed a few things to show my red, white and blue. Including re-vamping a three star thingy thing I bought last year about this time at Dollar Tree. 

With an assortment of ribbons, lace, and fabric it’s turning into a wind chime without the chimes. It’s really pretty. 

I always like a banner of some sort on my fireplace mantle. Simple. Meaningful. 

A few more things left to DIY and the fireworks can start!


Gin





1 comment:

  1. I usually have all my patriotic items out by now but recouping from my surgery has me a little behind. I hope to get it done this weekend. Yours looks nice and now you're all ready for the 4th!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!