Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Some Decorating Ideas

Now I’m into some crafty diy decorating ideas. So I’ve been busy with some things. 

First, a burlap wreath. 



It’s simple. It’s 18” diameter. It’s things I had in my stash, so no new money spent on supplies. 

Supplies needed:

34” length of stiff, but bendable wire 

12ft roll of 6” burlap 

Your choice of ribbon 

Hot glue 

Thread center of the width of the burlap onto the wire using the end point of the wire as a needle to gather the burlap onto the wire. Gather burlap to your desired fullness/tightness and then hook both ends of the wire together to form a circle to create the wreath form. 

Make bow from your choice of ribbon and attach to wreath. Glue a jute rope piece onto back for hanger. 

I had to make a bunny door hanger to be in the Easter decorating mode. I free handed drew a floppy ear bunny on cardboard. I did measure from side to side to be sure ears, feet, face, and body were rather symmetrical on each side. Larry cut it out with a box cutter. I wrapped the bunny form with chunky yarn to give it a fuzzy feel and look, using hot glue along  the way to keep the yarn in place. Made a fun bow and a yarn pom-pom for the bunny tail. This bunny is huge/ 28” tall and 18” across. But oh so cute!


The burlap wreath and the bunny door hanger have found a new home. Jennifer, my daughter, claimed them both for herself.  

I enjoyed  making them even tho they didn’t get in my decor. Try making one of them for yourself or to give away. They are soooo easy. 


Gin 

1 comment:

  1. You could make these and sell them! So cute! I'm not crafty at all. I call my attempts: Arts and Crap! Ha! I admire your talent!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something!