Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Throwing some extras in

 It’s definitely countdown to Christmas around here. But I’m throwing in some extra activities besides what’s on my schedule. Read here to see what I have left on my to do list before Christmas.

I whipped up another quilt this month for someone. It had to be big and fast. It measures 95x95 and the pattern is vintage Star. 


I’ve made 2 like this in the last couple months. I think I posted this one a few weeks back. 


Also in the making were some Christmas stocking, I had made a pink one first for a giveaway. Soft pink with lace trim and measured about 16” high and 12”
across at its widest part. You know pink is a Christmas color? 


Then that pink stocking turned into 3 more Christmas stockings. She wanted the farmhouse look and sent me the idea of what she would like.  


It’s an Irish Chain quilt pattern then made into a stocking. I’ve always been intimidated by the Irish chain pattern, but I took on the challenge and was pleasantly surprised it was not hard at all. I made 10 of the blocks, sewed them together, then cut the front of the stocking out of it. Then a back for the stocking in white, 2 cuts of the stocking in white for the lining, polyfill batting, stacked together, then sewn together. Made a hanging tab and top border. All this times three for three stockings. 


I’m hoping last minute sewing is done for now. I’ll be ready to start back sewing after the 1st of the year. 

Gin



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something!