Thursday, November 11, 2021

Going Simple


 Thanksgiving Day is 14 days away. I love and enjoy Thanksgiving day and the days leading up to that day. 

I’m going simple in decorating with a thankful banner strung across the mantle. 


And a really simple sunflower arrangement on the dining table. 

I have pretty “paper ware” plates and cups and competition games for the family planned. BUT, I won’t be going simple with the menu. The turkey and all the trimmings will be served. My favorite being the dressing and baked corn for the main dish and for desert my fav would be pecan pie and pecan pralines. 

There’s a little decor on the back and front porch with pumpkin pillows in the chairs and swings from last year. 

Then I add a touch of Christmas on Thanksgiving Day with matching pjs for the grands so I can get my obligatory group picture of them for my Christmas card. 

All this sounds simple enough to me. 

Gin 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something!