Sunday, November 21, 2021

Single Star


 When I create a quilt, I tend to go big or go home. In big I’m meaning big blocks. The bigger the block, the quicker it’s finished. The bigger the block, the easier it is. Maybe that’s just me, but I do prefer bigger blocks to make up a quilt. Though, I’ve made some with as little as 2” squares, but not many. 

This big block quilt is called Vintage Star. The original pattern is big. But, of course, not big enough for me. So I doubled or maybe even tripled the size of the pattern to make a very large quilt. 


It’s made with a Kaffe Fassett designer fabric line. If you’re not a fabric enthusiasts, that’s a line of fabric that is always gorgeous with bright beautiful colors and designs.


As I began to quilt it, I wasn’t liking all the different flower designs together. I’m kinda a matchy, matchy kinda person. But it’s growing on me looking at it from afar. Tell me if you like or not like. 

And, look here to read about my schedule of things to do list before Christmas. I’m checking them off one by one. 

Gin 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something!